Friday, May 8, 2009

Avon Walk for Breast Cancer


I registered for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer and have committed to raising a minimum of $1800 and walking 39.2 miles in 2 days in October. I'm doing this in honor of my grandmom, a breast cancer survivor, and for all the women (and men) who weren't as lucky as she was. My friend Olivia registered with me and we will be walking together.

I'm also doing this to help the world in one small way. I found out recently that someone I used to be really close with and his mother may have cancer, and it's a shame that I'm unable to be there for him. Of course I hope he doesn't have cancer and lives a long and healthy life, but that relationship had become very unhealthy for both of us. He made it clear that I could not be in his life and also respect myself, but I will also be walking in honor of him and his mother. Getting in kickass shape in the meantime will be a bonus!

Please help any way you can! Visit my page and donate. ANY AMOUNT HELPS.

I'm super stoked to begin training and fundraising to meet my goal. I'll be blogging my progress. THANK YOU for your support!!

No comments: